As I reflect on the week I wanted to share a few experiences and take the time to give a few shout outs to a few people.
- We haven’t interacted with our homeowner much this week but the interactions we have had have been great. I can’t share her personal story with you through this medium but trust me when I say to you that she is one strong woman that has gone through some struggles recently. It has been awesome to know that we are able to tangibly do something to help her move back into her home. It is awesome to be there in the finishing stages. If you know construction much we are in the phases that you see at the end of the day. It may be tedious and “slow” but this is what she will come home to every day and see.
- The people in the neighborhood have been very friendly towards us but you can see there are probably people that live on the same street that are still in the rebuilding phase from after the Hurricane. We have had several people approach us and ask how they could also receive help. We have also experienced some generosity from the community which is also such a great blessing
- We are volunteering with a large group of men from Pennsylvania. It is amazing to see how well they all get along and work together. We have heard some amazing stories of how God has been moving in their lives and it is refreshing to see such a large group of men so committed to their walks with Christ.
- I want to say thanks to my team Scott, Paul, CJ and Jon. This is an awesome group of guys that are willing to do anything they are asked to do. As I watch them all work together it is just an awesome experience to witness.
- A special thanks to Scott for updating the blog. Even though it looks like these posts came from me he was really the one writing the posts behind the scenes
- A special thanks to my wife Melissa. It isn’t just me that is on this trip. It is both of us that are committed to me taking teams to respond to the calling I’ve had put on my heart. Without her encouragement and strength I wouldn’t have begun working with Samaritan’s Purse just a few years ago.
- I want to say thanks to our wives (Kate, Heidi, Blair, Melissa and Rachel). Sorry if I misspelt any names. Thanks for allowing your husbands to go on this trip. I know how hard it can be to juggle all of the activities and responsibilities without your spouse at home. I truly appreciate you doing this for your husbands this week.
- I want to say thanks to the impact staff at Blackhawk (Susan and Maddie) and whoever else was involved with taking a chance on me for this trip. It is humbling to call myself a team lead and to be responsible for something like this. The staff at Blackhawk put structure around this process that made the planning and execution of this trip so much easier.
- Lastly I wanted to say thanks to all the people that have written comments on our page, provided financial assistance and most of all are praying for us. Your comments are encouraging to us and the prayers are felt and appreciated.